Friday, December 30, 2005

more cowbell

Jimbo’s girlfriend had the flu last weekend and most of this week. We both figured that it was just a matter of time until I came down with it, too, as I was in close contact with her most of the time she had it. She’s feeling better, now, and went back to work yesterday.

The night before last I was driving home from work and I was starting to feel a little bad and I thought I might have a mild fever. Then, they played Don’t Fear the Reaper, by Blue Oyster Cult, on the radio station to which I was listening.

Many of you may remember the skit on Saturday Night Live re-enacting Blue Oyster Cult’s recording of that song and Christopher Walken playing the part of the music producer who wanted the band to increase the amount of cowbell they included. Perhaps you also remember Walken telling the band, “I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.”

Apparently that was the same fever I had, because I’m feeling fine this morning. To paraphrase Bruce Willis in the Atomic Shakespeare episode of Moonlighting, “I liketh a band that playeth the oldies.”

And we always will, here in Jimbo’s world.

No comments: