Tuesday, November 06, 2012

no more akin


One of the bitter disappointments of this election season is that, because of geography, I have had to endure seeing Todd Akin’s face on TV commercials.  Because Missouri is close by and our local television stations are located there, it is hard to avoid seeing him. I have had to be reminded of his crazy statements and continued to see him make more.  It’s like living next door to a crack house except we can’t call the police and have them handle the situation for us.

Tonight I had the pleasure of seeing him defeated but the displeasure of having had to endure his concession speech. 

I have been embarrassed to have had to endure him for the last few months.  I am looking forward to never having to see or hear him again.

At least I hope not.  I hope he has the sense not to run for anything again.

Good riddance.

No comments: