Wednesday, November 07, 2012

bronco bama and his defeat of the sideshow huckster


There are many images of campaign 2012 that stick in my mind.  First, Abby, the crying child who is tired of hearing about Bronco Bama and Mitt Romney and his hairness, the Donald reacting much the same way because his money can’t make him any better than the rest of us.  This was the presidential election the wealthy tried to buy, and in the end, their money couldn’t buy them the love they craved.

Of all of the billionaires who used their money to sway this election, the Donald stands out.  He has morphed from respectability to being just another sideshow huckster. I have joked on a couple occasions on this weblog about the Donald’s offer to the President for college and passport records but it is time for the joking to stop.

Last night the Donald tweeted:

This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!

I would counter that by saying, look at the election results.  A democracy is one person, one vote.  People vote their consciences and your money didn’t buy their love.  

You also tweeted:

Our nation is a once great nation divided!

We are not “once great.”  We are still great.  We are still America.

You are allowed to voice your dissent, but a real American does not attack our values and our way of life.  I know there are a lot of Americans who have joined al Qaeda and have set their minds to attack us and our democratic way of life, but I would not expect the same attitude from you.

When you attack our country, our code of beliefs, our flag and constitution, you may as well wrap one of those Arab towels over your infamous hair and yell, “Jihad!  Jihad!”

Had the big money won last night’s election, I would not have been happy about it, but I would not have thrown away my beliefs in the USA.  I guess it would be nice to have your money, but I would rather live on my meager income than give up everything I hold sacred.

I think little Abby got one thing right:  Bronco Bama.  I am happy with the stallion we put back into America’s stable last night.

As for you, Donald, please feel free to join the tattooed lady, the bearded lady and the macabre creature floating in some liquid medium in the large glass bottle at the circus sideshow.  You can put a straw hat on top of your storied hair and lure in the suckers with your promises of the weird and sensational.  Step right up, ladies and gentlemen to see the creature in the bottle.

Or, maybe the sideshow huckster who knows how to get the dollar from our pocket to his.

 

No comments: