Thursday, November 10, 2005

a year and counting

Today marks two anniversaries.

It was thirty years ago today that the Edmund Fitzgerald sank in a storm in Lake Superior. As Gordon Lightfoot sang in The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald:

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee
The lake, it is said, never gives up her dead
When the skies of November turn gloomy.

I mentioned in my blog a year ago today about the demise of the Edmund Fitzgerald. That is the other anniversary. A year ago today was the first blog I ever posted. Those of you who are long-term die-hard readers may remember the short murder mystery that was included in that very first blog. Oh, that’s right. Most of you would prefer to forget it.

A lot of things have happened during the past twelve months. I started a new job and the company I work for is still in business (but for how long)? I moved into chez Jimbo’s girlfriend. Jimbo’s son graduated from college. I sold my house. I broke a finger on my right hand and I butchered a finger on the other hand.

Mostly, I’ve had a good time telling you what I think about things and I plan to keep doing this blog thing. Maybe by this time next year, I’ll figure out how to do this.

Anyway, thanks for reading and coming back for more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim,
Congratulations on your one year anniversary! I do read and enjoy your blog site. I do not always agree with your political comments, but they do make me think.
I thought I would send a comment that wasn't an advertisement for something.
Al

jimbo said...

Al,

Thanks for your comment. I have added a word verification to the comment form, which I hope will keep automated ads out of my comments.

-Jim