Sunday, November 20, 2005

more changes

When my blog became black a couple of months ago, I felt it reflected my “bad-boy” image and I felt it gave my blog a look that reflected my own personality. Those of you that know me are aware I’m kind of a rebel and a hard-guy. I’m a guy that is out of the mainstream, and what could be more like me than a totally black blog. It’s kind of like the Oakland Raiders. You may hate them, but you have to respect their blackness.

My son, who studied Advertising, as well as Business Administration, told me that there is a cardinal rule against an all-black page in advertising. Sure, the kid is a lot smarter than me, I thought, but this is blogging, not advertising, and I’ve been doing this a while. I know what I am doing. It turns out the boy was right. I spent some time this morning reviewing some of the Christmas-related blogs I did last year, because I will link some of them in December. After a while I thought, damn, this is hard on the eyes.

Although I predicted that my blog would change from time to time when I changed it to all-black, I didn’t think I would be changing this soon. However, for the sake of my eyes and yours, we have a new look this morning.

I’m sorry for any discomfort I may have caused.

No comments: