Wednesday, March 06, 2013

An appeal to Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Al Saud


This post would be more aptly named:

THE PRINCE AND THE PAUPER

The Prince being Saudi Prince Alwaleed and, of course the role of the pauper will be played by Jimbo. 

For those unfamiliar with the story, this week Forbes came out with its list of billionaires.  Forbes ranked Prince Alwaleed as tied for 26th spot in their list, claiming the Prince had a net worth of which he could barely rub two $10 billion bills together.  Prince Alwaleed issued a press release asking that he be removed from Forbes’ list with assertion that Forbes’ evaluation process was flawed, inaccurate and biased against middle-eastern investors.  The Prince’s assertion is that he has a net worth of much more than $20 billion.

My assertion is this:  If the Prince says he is worth more than $20 billion, I believe him.  After all, why in the world would anyone who was richer than hell try to convince us that he was even richer than that?

I read the entire story on Forbes rebutting the Prince’s argument and wondered why Forbes was so excited about bad-mouthing the man.  After all, who knows better what the guy is worth than the Prince himself?  I would bet that Forbes would not be able to determine my net worth, and I am an elderly man on a fixed income.  I would bet the Prince’s electric bill exceeds my net worth in a week.

However, the thing that jumped out at me from the Forbes article was mention of Prince Alwaleed’s press kit that he sends to anyone who writes about him.  Apparently it is pretty impressive and it struck me that I would like to have one.  Since I know the Prince probably has people scanning the internet on an hourly basis and since I know I have a big following in the Middle East, either he or one of his people should see this.  Since I am writing about him, it should qualify me for one of those cool press kits.

Since the thing would have to come from Saudi Arabia and it weighs ten pounds and it should cost some serious coin to get it here, and I am a little tight on cash right now, I would have to ask that it be sent prepaid, freight allowed.  I am, as I mentioned earlier, an elderly man on a fixed income.

I would ask that the Prince or his people just go to my profile and send me an e-mail and I will advise the physical address to which to send the press kit. 

You can find my profile down there by my picture and the line about me being an elderly man…

Well, I guess I have sort of worn out that phrase today, haven’t I?

 

No comments: