Saturday, October 01, 2005

"his" only begotten son on the tall stack


As a man who has, on a rare occasion, engaged in a brief game of poker, I know a little about the game. The most important thing I know is that when someone else has the best of it, one should be prepared to fold. If I ever show up at the table and Christ is the chip leader, you’d best bet that if he plays his hand strong, I’ll be mucking mine.

An Irish gaming site is taking some heat for it’s parody of Leonardo Da Vinci’s Last Supper, depicting our savior on the big stack with various gaming going on all around him. Of course, while many are outraged, Jimbo is mildly amused by all of this.

Sometimes it is good not to take things too seriously. However, my best advise to you is that if Jesus gives you that Howard Lederer stare down and he pushes it all in, be prepared to bow out gracefully.

At least, that’s how Jimbo would do it.

No comments: