Saturday, June 18, 2005

lewis and clark

Friday night we went to an outdoor blues concert featuring several bands. Between performances by the bands we took a walk beside the Missouri River. There were several monuments along the river walk to the journey of Lewis and Clark. It appears that Lewis and Clark came through here in 1804 on their journey to the west coast and they came back through here on their way home two years later. It is hard to fathom that their journeys were more than 200 years ago.

I’m not sure whatever happened to Meriwether Lewis, but I know Dick Clark did American Bandstand for years and he did that New Year’s Eve thing for as long as I remember. I think he is still around and looks as young as ever.

My hat is off to the Lewis and Clark expedition. It had a good beat and you could dance to it.

No comments: