Wednesday, May 18, 2005

good news; bad news

It appears that in a week and a half Jimbo will be homeless.

“Oh, that’s bad,” many of you are probably saying.

To which I respond, no, that’s good. I have a contract on my house and the buyer wants to pay cash and take possession next week.

“Oh, that’s good,” many of the same readers are probably saying, now.

No, that’s bad. Now I have to move the last two remaining things out of my house and I have a broken hand, and my son is working from five in the morning until nine at night and just about exhausted, and between us we don’t have much free time to do it.

“Oh, that’s bad,” you are probably already saying.

No, that’s good, because in this day of high unemployment, we’re both working steady.

“Oh, that is good,” I’m sure you are saying right now.

No, that’s bad. Because my son has been offered a permanent job by the company with which he interned while going to college, so now he has the pressure of this decision to make, besides all the crap we have to do.

“Wait a minute, Jimbo,” all of you are probably thinking. “You’re working, you have a contract on your house and yor son has a job offer. That is good.”

No, that’s wonderful.

No comments: