Monday, May 09, 2005

christian soldiers and conscientious objectors

As an epilog to the blog concerning the minister-gone-wild about whom I wrote yesterday, another blog site I visit occasionally had a link to an article in the Ashville (N.C.) Citizen-Times. According to the article, it appears that the vote to remove the nine Kerry supporters may not have been on the up-and-up and that forty members of the congregation left in protest after finding out what their church had done.

It appears that there are still good conscientious people going to church like I remember when I was young. I guess there are still Christians who read their bibles instead of using them as weapons. Perhaps the prediction in yesterday’s blog that the Christian right would be minimalized by their own excesses turns out to be a statement of current affairs rather than a wishful thought.

Perhaps there is hope for America, after all.

No comments: