Thursday, February 17, 2005

an anniversary and an event

Today is my sister's and brother-in-law's anniversary. I had long hair and muttonchop sideburns when they got married. Happy anniversary.

It was also an eventful day in another regard. Hell froze over.

I had a job interview on Monday and met with five people, including the top man at the facility. It took about two and a half hours and I thought I did well. Today they called me and offered me a temporary job, to see how I liked them and to see how they liked me. I said okay. I will be working for them for the next four to six weeks, and perhaps longer (no less, I hope).

I can tell that this is not going to be a forty hour a week job, but as a temp, I will experience something I haven't in twenty years-- time and a half for overtime.

This blog and the people who read it are important to me and I will continue to write for you. Being honest, however, I am sure I won't be posting quite as often, so if I miss a day or two now and then, please keep checking back. Please put me in your favorites or something so you can click in to see what I'm up to.

As Jimbo tells his girlfriend frequently, and it applies to you, too, thank you for being there for me.

Because in Jimbo's world and everywhere else, we get by with a little help from our friends.

No comments: