Tuesday, November 21, 2006

it's christmas eve and these shoes are just her size...

Well, it was bound to happen.

One leads ones life dangerously and one puts himself in harms way. That's what happened last night.

First of all, let me explain that I have been taking a bit of good-natured ribbing about the fact that I have been listening to Christmas music over the past couple of weeks. That's okay. I can take the heat. I can take the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. After all, the ribbing has been in jest. I actually think that Jimbo's girlfriend is starting to enjoy the Christmas music, though she acts as if she does not.

Last night, however, I faced the obvious danger of listening to that kind of music. Yes, you guessed it.

They played that damned "Christmas Shoes" song.

Fortunately, however, they chose to put it on the airwaves just as we were driving into the parking lot of our local supermarket. I hurried up and got into a parking space and turned off the car, and coincidentally the radio. I only had to listen to the part where the guy was hurriedly doing his Christmas shopping, wasn't in the Christmas mood and had not yet arrived at the checkout counter where the saccharine-coated sentimentality occurs.

I was spared this time. But, I'm concerned that it will happen again, sometime before the season is over, and I will hear that little bastard sing his song.

I lucked out this time, but how many times will I be spared?

Only time will tell, here in Jimbo's world.

No comments: