Thursday, July 28, 2005

things humans shouldn't have to see

Jimbo is on the road again this week, doing some computer training on our companies new manufacturing software system. I’m heading back home tomorrow. The rooms where we are doing our training are near the men’s locker room of the manufacturing plant at which we are training. During break yesterday and today, Jimbo saw things civilized humans should not have to see—guys with poor physiques taking showers. I mean, very poor physiques.

I’ll close my eyes tonight and tell myself it was just a bad dream, and when I wake up tomorrow, all memory of this will be gone, along with all thought of "that will be me in a couple of years."

In the motel in which I’m staying, I get a copy of McPaper delivered to my door every day. There was an interesting story about trees at the bottom of page one today, saying that trees help clean up the air. Not an altogether new and radical concept, but I’m glad to see the idea is making a comeback. It appears that someone has discovered that planting trees is a more economical alternative to building machinery to scrub the air. Maybe now that someone has a profit motive, the idea of cleaning air naturally with trees will catch on.

There is nothing like clean air and water to make quality of life better.

At least that is our opinion out here on the road tonight.

No comments: